Entries are NOW OPEN!
Entries are NOW OPEN for the 2nd Waveney River Swim on the 23rd June! Please use the links below to sign up for the swim.
This is the the course:Course Map
The swim will be tide-assisted. The distance is approximately 11.5 km, which is divided up into three legs:
|Leg 1||4.9 km|
|Leg 2||3.3 km|
|Leg 3||3.3 km|
Prizes will be awarded to overall categories for both wetsuit and non-wetsuit top 3, plus spot prizes.
- Swim is tow float compulsory to aid swimmer visibility
- Event registration will be at Beccles Quay where the course finishes
- All entrants will be transported by coach to the swim start at the Waveney River Centre based on wave start time (included in the event price)
- Relay swimmers will be transported to changeovers using dayboats from Hippersons boatyard.
- Waves start time to be confirmed, with each wave having a different swim cap colour
- Feed stops for individuals are optional, but yummy snacks will be available for those wanting to stop
- Entry to the water at the start is via a slipway
- Entry / exit to the water at all feed stops and the finish is via ladder, and as directed by event staff
- Event entry includes a drawstring bag - these are the only bags that we will transport back to the finish for you
- There are toilet and shower facilities available at Beccles Quay
- There are toilets available at the Waveney River Centre
How much does it cost?
Individual entries cost £75 each. Team entries cost £99 per team. Entry includes:
- Car parking
- Coach transport to the start of the swim
- Event safety cover
- Event medical cover
- Event insurance
- All snacks / drinks at feed stops
- Entry pack including drawstring bag
- Finisher medal
- Swim timing
- Lots of other stuff (please ask if you want to know)!
Merchandise will be available to purchase on the day.