We now have a confirmed date for the inaugural Broads swimming event along the Waveney River.
It will run on Sunday 1st July, 2018. Entries are now closed.
This is the the course:Course Map
The swim will be tide-assisted. The distance is approximately 11.5 km, which is divided up into three legs:
|Leg 1||4.9 km|
|Leg 2||3.3 km|
|Leg 3||3.3 km|
The water quality has been recently tested, and rated as "Excellent". It will be retested one month prior to the event.
Prizes will be awarded to overall categories for both wetsuit and non-wetsuit top 3, plus spot prizes.
There is a public path next to the river, called "Angles Way"; friends and family are welcome to come and walk alongside their swimmer. Also, the event coincides with Beccles Charter Weekend, so there will be other events and activities in the surrounding area, if you'd like to make a weekend of it!
When you finish, we'll have food trucks for anyone wanting to buy lunch, along with other stalls.
Entries are now closed
Thanks to everyone that entered!
Event packs will be sent out to swimmers in due course...
- Swim is tow float compulsory to aid swimmer visibility
- Event registration will open from approximately 6:30am at Beccles Quay where the course finishes
- All entrants will be transported by coach to the swim start at the Waveney River Centre based on wave start time (included in the event price).
- Waves will start at approximately 8:30am with each wave having a different swim cap colour
- Feed stops for individuals are optional, but yummy snacks will be available for those wanting to stop
- Entry to the water at the start is via a slipway
- Entry / exit to the water at all feed stops and the finish is via ladder, and as directed by event staff
- Event entry includes a drawstring bag - these are the only bags that we will transport back to the finish for you
- There are toilet and shower facilities available at Beccles Quay
- There are toilets available at the Waveney River Centre
How much does it cost?
Individual entries cost £70 each. Team entries cost £90 per team. Entry includes:
- Car parking
- Coach transport to the start of the swim
- Event safety cover
- Event medical cover
- Event insurance
- All snacks / drinks at feed stops
- Entry pack including drawstring bag
- Finisher medal
- Swim timing
- Lots of other stuff (please ask if you want to know)!
Event hoodies are available to purchase when you sign up for the swim using the buttons above, and they will be available for collection on the day with entry packs.